Fellowship & Beyond

Our goal is to support you in becoming the physician you want to be, not just as a resident in our program, but beyond it in fellowship, primary care, hospital medicine, or whatever career you wish to pursue.

Fellowship Match

Our residents match in competitive specialties across the country. While about 75% of our graduates pursue fellowship, the remaining 25% pursue jobs in hospital medicine and primary care. Many residents choose to stay at UCSD due to the relationships they have developed during residency and the amazing opportunities that UCSD provides. However, those that wish to pursue fellowship elsewhere are highly competitive in their fields.

Alumni Testimonials

Check out our Instagram to hear about a few of our alumni’s experience at UCSD:
https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/18160590100027846/