Welcome to UCSD Internal Medicine!
Welcome applicants! We are so excited you’re interested in our program and hope this space will serve as a resource for you to learn more about us. Please feel free to navigate to the various pages under the “Prospective Residents” heading, or keep scrolling to learn more about the many things that make being a part of our family so great!
For your own copy of our electronic brochure and the nuts & bolts presentation given on interview days, click on the links below!
Post-Interview Communication Policy
In an effort to maintain the integrity of the match process, UCSD strictly adheres to the principles and rules outlined by the NRMP, APDIM, and AAIM regarding post-interview communication. Please see below for our Statement of Match Integrity
Training at Our Program
We have put together some informational videos about our program, our institution, and the wonderful experience of working and living as a resident at UCSD and in San Diego. Please check them out to learn more about us!
Note to Prospective Applicants About UCSD’s COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate: UCSD and San Diego County Health policies mandate that all healthcare workers be up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations or have an exemption for medical or religious reasons (subject to review and approval). UCSD’s major affiliates have similar expectations. Those health care workers who are out of compliance may not participate in direct patient care.
Compensation: Recently negotiated housestaff salary! Thank you UCSD Housestaff Union!
Physician Scientists Welcome!
For those interested in our Physician-Scientist Training Program (PSTP), check out our informational video below, with testimonials from our faculty and current/past residents!
Click on any of the following to learn more!
More Ways to Get to Know Us!
Pre-Interview Social Events: We will hold pre-interview social events twice a week, typically on Monday and Wednesday evenings, from October to December. Sign up in Thalamus!
Pre-Interview Diversity, Equity and Inclusion meet and greets: We will host three DEI focused zoom meet and greets. Come meet our residents and hear about their own efforts in the DEI space as well as experiences working in our program. You can find zoom links to these meet and greets in your interview invite. You can also click the link above to learn more about our DEI efforts.
General DEI 11/2 6-7 PM PT (US and Canada)
LGBTQIA+ DEI 11/16 6-7 PM PT (US and Canada)
General DEI 12/7 6-7PM PT (US and Canada)
Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Virtual Open House: The UC San Diego office of Graduate Medical Education and EDI committee will be hosting a Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) virtual open house for students and residents applying to any UCSD training programs – Wednesday November 15, 6-7 PM (Pacific Time).
- We’ll start with a Webinar-based overview of Equity and Diversity-related efforts/activities taking place across UCSD Health – provided by several informed UCSD faculty – ~6-6:20 PM.
- This will be followed by Zoom breakout rooms where you can meet with current UCSD trainees to hear their perspectives about EDI and where you can ask questions related to this area, ~6:20-7 PM.
- The focus of this event is on EDI – it is not meant as an event to learn general information about our programs. Questions about recruitment, interviews, and other specifics about UCSD’s programs can be answered via our program’s web sites, leadership and/or other recruitment activities/information sources.
- Faculty will not participate in breakout rooms so that applicants can feel comfortable asking candid questions.
- Webinar Info: Wednesday November 15, 2023 – 6-7 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
- Please Click below to register! https://uchealth.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_y4IjdYPOTE-1sjNPBybajA
Our Resident Life-Focused Instagram!
Follow us by clicking below!
Come! Join our family at UCSD and grow immensely as a doctor, professional, and person. We can’t wait to meet you!